I have experienced connectivity overload! I used to spend way too much time in internet based programs/games/and social media sites. It is addictive! I had to really separate myself from my electronic devices and allow myself and my family the attention we deserve. Now, I workout everyday for about an hour without any device that connects me to anyone else. I also try to set aside time for my family, so they don’t feel neglected.
When you spend too much time connected to the internet….
- You lose productivity at work.
- You lose time with your family.
- You may strain relationships with loved ones and friends.
- You may lose the ability to focus.
- You may develop unhealthy habits (like sleeping at odd times, or not sleeping)
- You can get caught up and not realize how many hours you spend online.
- You are most likely not getting any/enough exercise. And your vision may suffer too.
- You may be revealing too much information about yourself.
To avoid these problems
- Set aside time for yourself, not connected to a device or computer.
- Don’t check personal sites, or email at work.
- Set aside time for your friends and family that is not interrupted by the internet or phones
For more information see these links!